Does anyone here have any views on students selling-on equipment obtained via the DSA?

It was suggested to me that this happens and a very quick look at ebay unearthed a number of items looked like they could have been obtained via DSA.
For example one DSA assessment report favourite is the 'Olympus DM20 with Sony Z80 microphone'. Earlier this week there were a number of those on offer (as a package) for 1/10th cost price - new / boxed "unwanted gifts". Assistive software packages like Texthelp and Inspiration can also be found for a few pounds. I'd guess laptops / desktops are worth hanging on?

It does seem that students are offloading equipment for cash though. I was just wondering what other people thought?

James.

James Dibley  BSc (Hons) MA
Support Work Officer
Student Services