Wondered if you would be able to give a bit of publicity to the RAATE Conference on your websites/ in newsletters, with contacts, etc.

RAATE Conference (Recent Advances in Assistive Technology and Engineering) 27th and 28th November, Birmingham

The RAATE conference is the only UK conference focusing on emerging technology, knowledge transfer and good practice in research and development across assistive technology (AT).

The program for RAATE is now available  - it is packed full of really good stuff this year and it looks like being one of the best ever.  This year we are expanding the range of AT covered to ensure it is relevant to people working in the Education sector. We have a competitively priced training session provided by ACE Centre North covering AT in Education which will be relevant to people with a range of experience. We are also running parallel courses on posture management, integrated switches and telecare, which is an excellent way to brush up your knowledge in an area of AT you might not be that familiar with.  If you want to come on one of these courses you REALLY need to register now!

We also have a session of presentations on the main conference day looking at AT for communication by leading experts in the field and the full programme will introduce delegates to a range of issues relevant across AT sectors.

Just to clarify, the format for the two days is:

27th Nov, 10am-3pm:  Training Courses    -    Training = £70
27th Nov, 3pm-6.30pm: Conference Part 1    -    Conference = £130
27th Nov, 7.30pm: Conference Evening Meal
28th Nov, 9.30am-4.30pm: Conference Part 2

Full programme at: http://www.raate.org.uk/programme/

The amazing thing is that for the training and both days of the conference it only costs £200 - and this includes the evening meal! If you want to come you need to BOOK NOW!

Register by sending the form to IPEM at:

IPEM
Fairmount House
230 Tadcaster Road
YORK
YO24 1ES

or fax to: +44 (0)1904 612279
email:
phone the meetings department (01904 610821) for further enquiries

I look forward to seeing you there.

Keren

Keren Down
Director
Foundation for Assistive Technology - FAST
12 City Forum
250 City Road
London EC1V 8AF

Tel:   +44 (0) 20 7253 3303
Fax:  +44 (0) 20 7253 5990

Reg. Charity Number: 1061636

Why not go to the FAST website at http://www.fastuk.org to find out more about FAST and how you can be involved.

To stay up to date with the latest news on assistive technology why not subscribe to the AT Forum's monthly email bulletin by sending an email to: [log in to unmask].  Check out previous bulletins at http://www.fastuk.org/atforum.php.