-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Wendy Knowles
Sent: 27 June 2006 11:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: confidential information

We are currently looking at how we can improve our procedures within the Disability Department here. One of the things we are considering is dispersing confidential information on disability within the University unless the student asks us not to do so.  We will produce a letter of explanation for the students before their arrival. This we hope will speed up the process of dispersal. What we are not sure about is if this is actually legal! Comments much appreciated. Many thanks

Wendy Knowles

Disability Unit Co-ordinator

York St John University College

Lord Mayors Walk

York

YO31 7EX

Tel: 01904 71(6541)

Email:[log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]