I thought any notices served would be on the public authority in this
case, so why would the identity be "debatable"?

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Henderson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 28 June 2006 09:30
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [data-protection] Anonymity when making FOI requests of
your own organisation

The Scottish Commissioner's issue with pseudonyms follows solely from
the problem with of a court being unable to enforce a notice where the
identity of the person on whom the notice was served is debatable. As a
consequence, the Commissioner has indicated that he is unable to
consider appeals where the request was made with a pseudonym.

My understanding, and this authority's practice, is that we can still
accept requests made under a pseudonym. We point out, however, that
problems with our response can't be appealed to the Commissioner.

Donald Henderson
Information Compliance Manager
Perth & Kinross Council