** APOLOGIES FOR ANY CROSS POSTING**

Data Protection Law & Policy is organising a half-day Briefing on Data Protection and Employment
Law on Monday 19th June 2006 from 8.30am to 1.00pm.

The Briefing is being co-hosted by employment law and data protection experts Field Fisher
Waterhouse in their offices in  London.

http://www.e-comlaw.com/Employment

The Data Protection Act 1998 places responsibilities on any organisation to process personal
information that it holds in a fair and proper way, and in some areas this can be complex and
difficult to understand. The Briefing will look at developing best practice in dealing with the impact
of data protection laws on the employment relationship, and will provide a concise analysis of the
key issues that must be addressed by HR and Data Protection managers and advisors to develop
best practice in dealing with employees and their data.

Expert speakers will examine:

INFORMATION COMMISSIONERS GUIDANCE:
David Evans, Senior Guidance & Promotion Manager, at the ICO will focus on the Information
Commissioner's recommendations as to how employers may meet the requirements of the Data
Protection Act 1998 and provide guidance on good practice.

RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION & EMPLOYEE RECORDS:
James Warren, Employment Lawyer at Field Fisher Waterhouse, will look at the process from
advertising to appointment of staff, the employment contract, collecting and securing information,
handling subject access requests from employees, former employees and applicants, references,
transfer of data to third parties, international data transfer.

MONITORING AT WORK: .
Our expert speaker will discuss monitoring employees use of internet, email, telephone, as well as
use of CCTV, in-vehicle monitoring, third party monitoring and covert monitoring.

EMPLOYEES HEALTH:
Paula Williamson, Data Protection Lawyer from Worcester County Council, will examine
occupational health and the acquiring and using sensitive personal data: information from medical
examination and testing, drug and alcohol testing, genetic testing.

Plus, there will be an opportunity to question and discuss with our expert panel on all the issues
raised.

VENUE: Field Fisher Waterhouse 35 Vine Street London EC3N 2PX
DATE: Monday 19th June 2006 - 8.30am to 1.00pm.

The cost of the Data Protection and Employment Briefing is:
Individual Booking: £325 plus VAT = £381.88
Group booking of two or more: £275 plus VAT = £323.13

Public Sector:
Individual Booking: £250 plus VAT = £293.75
Group booking of two or more: £225 plus VAT = £264.38

To Book, mailto:[log in to unmask]

Or Visit, http://www.e-comlaw.com/Employment

If you would like any further information, please contact me.

Kind Regards

Kavitha

Kavitha Kasilingam
Data Protection Law & Policy
Unit 17, The Timber Yard
Drysdale Street,
London, N1 6ND

tel: +44 (0)20 7012 1382
fax: +44 (0)20 7729 6093
email: [log in to unmask]
<http://www.e-comlaw.com/>

If you are active in the wider field of e-commerce, some of our other titles
may be of interest too. To receive e-Law Alerts in these other areas please
email me back with the title(s) of interest.

If you would like a colleague to receive our free e-Law Alerts, forward them
this email, if they email me their title(s) of interest, I will add them to
our list.

E-Commerce Law & Policy
E-Commerce Law Reports
World Sports Law Report
World Online Gambling Law Report
Data Protection Law & Policy

for more detailed information on these publications visit
http://www.e-comlaw.com/products.asp

If you do not wish to receive updates from Data Protection Law & Policy
just reply to this email writing 'no updates' in the body of the text.

Data Protection Law & Policy is published by Cecile Park Publishing Ltd.
Registered Office: 80-82 Regent Street London W1R 5PA
Registered Number: 2676976

            All user commands can be found at : -
Any queries about sending or receiving message please send to the list owner