Hi

If anyone is particularly versed in the ways of DPA & HR I would be
grateful for any responses on or off list

A member of staff gives a statement about 2 colleagues who are not
getting on happily with each other, 1 of them leaves and the member of
staff (who was never really very happy about providing a statement in
the first place but did so to try and alleviate matters) has now
requested that the statement be removed for her file as she wasn't happy
with it in the first place and has never signed it.

I believe that under DPA she has this right and it is up to HR to
justify if they feel they need to hold on to it (possible court action
maybe but as yet nothing has happened) - understandably HR not happy but
I have told them that 1. they need to talk to the person that provided
the statement to see if they can reach an agreement 2. but if not they
need to get their own legal advice as to whether they have good enough
grounds to retain.

Am I right or horribly wrong or is there a third way?

Many Thanks

Sara Jane Newbon

Information Management Officer

the system manager.
Blaby District Council - 0116 275 0555

            All user commands can be found at : -

Any queries about sending or receiving message please send to the list owner