-----Original Message-----
From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Peter Burgess
Sent: 22 February 2006 10:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [data-protection] Filming Graduation Ceremonies

We have a video at home of my wife receiving her Ph.D. 95% of the video
is feel-good marketing for the university, a pompous speech by the
(famous actor now deceased) Chancellor, a procession of grave looking
individuals in silly costumes etc, and only the last shot is of her
receiving her scroll. No other person except the Chancellor is
identified. Were it to be made available on-line, and an unauthorized
person somehow managed to access it, I cannot imagine what possible
damages my wife could suffer as a result, or how anyone could claim that
anything in this very public event constituted private data.