From: "Broom, Doreen" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, 28 November, 2006 11:26:16 AM
Subject: [data-protection] DP/FOI

Hi All

I received a request from ex-employee for information about investigation/report under FOISA and contained in the letter was a request under Data protection for all information on the individual.  Initially I just treated it as DP but the investigation/report contained information on other people (which would probably be exempt under FOISA) anyway.  Would you treat them as separate?  The reason I had to look at it again was that I received an e-mail from the individual asking for an acknowledgement of the request under FOISA.

Thanks,

Doreen
Doreen Broom
Access to Information Officer
Corporate Resources
Tel: 01835 826516
Fax No: 01835 825059

* This email is privileged, confidential and subject to copyright. *
* Any unauthorised use or disclosure of its content is prohibited. *
* The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily *
* be the views held by Scottish Borders Council. *
* Please be aware that any email sent or received by the Council *
* may require to be disclosed by the Council under the provisions *
* of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. *

Selected commands (the command has been filled in for you in the body of the email):
Leaving this list: send leave data-protection to [log in to unmask]
Suspending emails from all JISCMail lists: send SET * NOMAIL to [log in to unmask]
To receive emails from this list in text format: send SET data-protection NOHTML to [log in to unmask]
All user commands can be found at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm and are sent in the body of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]