It is (or should be) possible to choose how we each wish to receive emails from this list.

Until today the list took HTML inbound emails and sent on only the TEXT portion.  From today I have attempted to set it so that individual members can opt to receive HTML emails or not.  Not yet sure whether I've succeeded, some of the list moderation commands look ok until you read the help text!

In many ways this mail is a test message, because I have just send "SET data-protection HTML" to [log in to unmask] to enable my own account to receive emails in HTML.

Any advantage or not of HTML emails is in the eye of the recipient.  For the sender they mean the ability to perform some fancy formatting.

Remember, this is an individual option.  Like everything else on this list you control your own subscription, either on the website itself or by issuing email commands

Tim Trent
- Consultant
Direct: +44(0)1344 392644 Mobile:+44(0)7710 126618
email: [log in to unmask]

Marketing Improvement Limited, Abbey House, Grenville Place, Bracknell, United Kingdom, RG12 1BP
http://www.marketingimprovement.com

Important: This mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email, please notify the author by replying to this email. if you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email. If you are not the named recipient please notify us immediately.  This email and any attachment(s) are believed to be virus-free, but it is the responsibility of the recipient to make all the necessary virus checks. This email and any attachments to it are copyright of Marketing Improvement Limited unless otherwise stated. Their copying, transmission, reproduction in whole or in part may only be undertaken with the express permission, in writing, of Marketing Improvement Limited.

To leave, join, suspend mail from the Data Protection Mail List check the commands at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm -- Or visit our web at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/data-protection.html DON'T FORGET: If you are going on holiday or will be away from the office for some time,please suspend your mail.