OK, Tony - how do you propose to do this. It is difficult enough within
one's own organisation. What does "everything" mean?

Really I am asking what in practice "everything" means?

Given that different departments in a large organisation are in charge of
their own organisation how do you propose enforcing this? And individuals
within the departments ditto.

How do you make sure that the information is uptodate?

Are we talking about every piece of work that everyone in an organisation
produces. Just the final version?

Contents management etc should improve the working of the organisation so
that there is a record of where everything is - but I would contend that
what you are suggesting - and I am not quite sure what you are - would mean
that organisations would spend more time publishing than carrying on the
work of the organisation.

I would suggest that there is a balance - but that balance must be decided
by each organisation - fitness for purpose comes to mind.

Nick Landau