-----Original Message-----
From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Simon Howarth (RGC)
Interim Information Governance Manager
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 11:07 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [data-protection] Misdirected DPA/FoIA requests

Something I have thought about but not implemented anywhere, as a solution
to getting round out-of-office staff, is to put a standard statement on all
e-mail signatures & out-of-office messages which states "All requests for
Information under the Freedom of Information Act or Data Protection Act
should be made to [log in to unmask]"

This seems to me a reasonable way of ensuring that people sending
information to an out-of-office address will receive this message and can
act on it.

Of course it doesn't help if a person does not use an out-of-office
assistant - for example I never do (shooting myself in the foot there a
little, perhaps).

I suppose my question is, what is deemed as "reaonable" in taking steps to
ensure that the public requests are captured in a timely manner? What do
other organisations do?

Simon Howarth.

            All user commands can be found at : -

Any queries about sending or receiving message please send to the list owner