From: "RONAN DURNIN" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 12:18 PM
Subject: [data-protection] Orange Mobile/Broadband Services

Dear All,

I was wondering if any of you have any sort of a mobile phone contract
with Orange and if so, if you have been getting plagues with sales calls
concerning upgrades on broadband services?

I have been tortured of late with by these people. Two things concern
me.

(1) My mobile number is registered with TPS and I have previously
opted-out of all telemarketing correspondence
(2) The sales agent seemed to know more about my contract than I did!

I have asked Orange a number of questions:
- On whose authority did they pass my details to an outside
sales agency
- How they decided to pick on me for such lovely calls when I am
TPS registered and have already opted-out of all telemarketing tripe
- What actions they will take to rectify the matter.

By means of email I asked them to ensure that I was no longer on their
list of numbers for cold calls. Funnily enough they said that I would
have to CALL THEM (!) to do this. I feel that my written notice
requesting them to stop is in accordance with Section 11 of the Act and
that I should not have to call them to get them to do this. After
lengthy email correspondence Orange have decided that they will no
longer deal with this matter by email for reasons of confidentiality.

I fully intend making a complaint to Orange themselves but I wonder is
their practice of refusing to deal with my request not to be contacted
for telemarketing purposes something that I should refer onwards?

Not very festive of me I know, but I pay my bills on time...

Ronan.

Ps - watch out for 08700500524 if you've got an Orange phone/broadband.

All user commands can be found at
 Any queries about sending or receiving messages please send to the list
owner
  Full help Desk - please email [log in to unmask] describing your
needs