My home telephone no is registered with TPS, but over the last couple of
weeks I have started getting phone calls again and when I told the
operator that the number was registered with TPS and they shouldn't be
phoning a couple of them have argued with me saying that they were not
marketing (as in selling) but carrying out market research (asking for
opinions) so they could do it!   The last one was a mobile phone
company.

Market research sounds like marketing to me - what do you  all think?

I "chewed" their ears off about it and they put the phone down on me
and unfortunately their number had been withheld - so not much I can do
about it ....

                                                                                               This e-mail may be read by employees of the Council and is therefore not to be considered private by the recipient. The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not necessarily the views or opinions of Bracknell Forest Borough Council.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the system manager.  Email: [log in to unmask]

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses. Although the Council has taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are virus free we advise that in keeping with good ICT practice the recipients should confirm this for themselves.

            All user commands can be found at : -
Any queries about sending or receiving message please send to the list owner