Interesting. It doesn't invalidate the UK DP discussion, but does add a
quirk as a matter of practical enforcement.

There is a precedent on the issue of jurisdiction. Someone who was
managing from the UK a website in the USA offering obscene material
contrary to the Obscene Publications Act was IIRC successfully prosecuted.

I will try and find the case.