I seem to recall a _requirement_ to obtain the views of any medical
practitioner who had provided any data, about any subject access disclosure,
so they may have opportunity to ensure no data which may damage a patient is
disclosed. Is that not still a requirement?

Hilary.Lawrenson on 04 August 2006 at 13:00 said:-

> The only agency I refer the applicant on to is the
> police.

It is my impression that if you hold the data as a controller you are
responsible for it and hence should be disclosing/claiming any exemption
rather than referring on.  If challenged I suspect any finding will be
against the controller rather than the police.

Ian W