-----Original Message-----
From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Charles Oppenheim
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 2:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [data-protection] Hotel Reception

In which case, my apologies for misunderstanding the query.

As a matter of interest, do list members agree with me that if the room
number is unknown then the hotel is right to refuse to let the call through?

Charles

Quoting [log in to unmask]:

> Charles
>
> That is exactly what she had done, texted the room number to her
> mother - so when my sister phoned the hotel she asked for "Angela
> Smith in Room 306".
> There was absolutely no disclosure expected of the hotel receptionist
> - she was given all the information. So where is the breach of Data
> Protection?
>
> Regards
> John

            All user commands can be found at : -
Any queries about sending or receiving message please send to the list owner