On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 02:51:00PM +0100, Griffiths, Ian wrote:
> Out of interest, was 1000 pages of data of any value to you?

It would be hard to quantify, but I would say "yes".

It included copies of all my phone bills ever with full breakdown of all
calls. I keep copies of these anyway but there were a few that I'd lost
along the way, so it helped complete that.

On a more practical note it gave me a slightly better indication of how
some of BT's services work internally which helped me when I had to
raise issues later on.

The data they didn't give that I would have liked was information on
calls received. They explicitly told me that they couldn't give me
that as it was personal data belonging to other people. This seemed
rather specious as you could use exactly the same argument in relation
to the calls I'd made. I could understand them removing details of all
calls where the caller had withheld their number, or that I couldn't
have accessed via 1471 or a caller display unit at the time, but where I
could have already had the data it didn't seem like a valid argument.

I never did get around to pushing on this one though.

Tony

            All user commands can be found at : -
Any queries about sending or receiving message please send to the list owner