From: Tim Rodgers [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 28 February 2006 17:41
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [data-protection] Local authority Access to Health Records of
deceased

All,

To what extent can a local authority be considered "a person" under Section
3(1)f of the Act?  We have asked for medical details to confirm occupancy
of a property which is now occupied by someone claiming they lived with the
deceased.  One PCT we've asked says we don't have a claim - one SHA says we
do and has sent the GP records.  I do not know if this has revealed the
identity of prescence of any third party, or if there is one whether their
details have been reacted.

Clearly DPA doesn't apply to the deceased - would there be some duty on the
PCT to co-operate in revealing this information through the Access to
Health Records Act 1990?

All contributions gratefully received!!!

Thanks,
Tim

            All user commands can be found at : -

Any queries about sending or receiving message please send to the list owner