In message <[log in to unmask]>, at 16:09:41 on
Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Jethro R Binks <[log in to unmask]> writes
>> > If you wish to send out a message to a large number of people, then the
>> > best way to do it is to address the message to yourself or some other
>> > primary recipient in the To: header, and place all the other recipients in
>> > the Bcc: (blind carbon copy) header.
>>
>> The problem with this (from the sender's perspective) is that many spam
>> prevention systems will immediately classify this as junk mail.
>
>I don't really have much sympathy for broken systems like that,
>considering that such systems would also be junking email from this
>mailing list and almost all others too.

Only if it's even more broken than that.

Your email that you just sent to the list was marked as:

        From:         Jethro R Binks <[log in to unmask]>
        Subject: Re: Councils using cc lists for a mailing
        To:           [log in to unmask]

and deeper in the header:

        for [log in to unmask]

I have the "to" address set up as (in effect) a trusted whitelisted
entry that I'm prepared to accept.

Whereas the spam filters I have mentioned tend to trap emails where the
"from" and "to" are the same person (because people sending mainly bcc's
mails still have to but *something* in the "to", and usually put
themselves).
--
Roland Perry

            All user commands can be found at : -
Any queries about sending or receiving message please send to the list owner