In message
 >, at 14:24:48 on Wed, 4 Oct 2006, "Broom, Doreen"
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>Talking of hospitals...my son was in last week for a small op - day
>case.   Anyway I visited that evening and there was an elderly gentleman
>in a bed and his family were there to visit him and one another
>gentleman in the ward.  Anyway, the Doctor came to the ward and in a
>very loud voice, said "We have had the results of your scan Mr X and
>yes, you definitely have gallstones!"  I was totally shocked - I know it
>wasn't life-threatening but probably being involved with DP I am more
>aware!!

There is no privacy about your condition if you are a typical ward with
half a dozen beds. You get to hear everything going on, and discussions
between the patient and the staff. They even write your name on a board
above the bed.

Last time I had a stay in hospital, the bed opposite was occupied for a
day by a chap who was manacled to a prison officer, even as he was
wheeled away to the operating theatre (the consultant wasn't too happy
about this, but the officers insisted). If I'd had an Internet
connection I'd have been tempted to Goggle the chaps name to see if I
could find out what he'd been put away for.
--
Roland Perry

            All user commands can be found at : -
Any queries about sending or receiving message please send to the list owner