Ladies and Gentlemen,
dear Colleagues,

(1) In the course of the last weeks, we have worked intensely to
overhaul our instituteĀ“s world wide oriented LinkList on Criminology and
Criminal Justice Issues. Apart from refreshing or deleting dead links we
added new institutions, associations and documentation sources. And we
started to differentiate more than before the links to addresses in the
United Kingdom, Canada and the USA, and Australia.

All sections carry German and English language headers. The main fields
refer to:
* Institutions and organizations
* Journals and Newsletters
* Library and Documentation Services
* Crime and Crime Control Information Services
* Law and Social Science Information Services

If you are interested to make a discovery tour in general, or to seek
special information: please turn your browser to:
http://www.ifk.jura.uni-tuebingen.de/www.html

As always: Suggestions for corrections and new links to be added are
highly welcome!!

(2) Countries in Transition tend to experience, inter alia, high levels
of police misbehavior and/or corruption. Those of you interested in that
topic, and particularly looking for information on Central and East
European countries, can download a PDF-Version of the the recently
published book on "Overtly About Police Corruption" (in Bosnia and
Hercegovina) as written by Almir Maljevic et al.. Please see the note
and the hyperlink below, after my signature.

With many seasonsĀ“ greetings, all good wishes for a happy New Year,
and best regards,
H.-J. Kerner

Hans-Juergen Kerner
List-Manager, Criminology and Criminal Justice News
c/o Institute of Criminology, University of Tuebingen
Sand 7, D-72076 Tuebingen (Germany)
Phone: +49-7071-297-2931   ---  Fax: +49-7071-295104
Email: [log in to unmask]

The book contains legal as well as criminological information about
police corruption in Bosnia and Herzegovina that might be of interest to
colleagues (at least those interested in policing in transitional
countries and in corruption). It is a result of a research project and
it is originally written in Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian and later on
translated into English. I

The book is as a full-text available online on following links:

http://www.soros.org.ba/images_vijesti/Korupcija/Overtly%20About%20Police%20and%20Corruption.pdf
(English version of the book) and

http://www.soros.org.ba/images_vijesti/Korupcija/Otvoreno%20o%20policiji%20i%20korupciji.pdf
(Original version of the book in Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian language).