robin wrote:

> [...]

Well, using DOUBLE PRECISION as a replacement for real*8 is even worse.
It is likely to be wrong on at least some systems - the very definition
of not portable.

>integer, parameter :: dp = selected_real_kind(1.0d0)

will give a syntax error.  I think you want something like:

integer,parameter :: dp = selected_real_kind(12,70)

>real (kind=dp) :: e

with the revised definition of dp, this is the preferred portable method.

Cheers,
Bill

--
Bill Long                                   [log in to unmask]