STAGE Presents:
Scottish Classical Postgraduate Conference University of Edinburgh,
Edinburgh UK  Wednesday 24th of May, 2006.

STAGE (the Classics postgraduate students of the universities of St.
Andrews, Glasgow, and Edinburgh) are holding a postgraduate conference on
Wednesday 24th of May 2006.  The conference, open to all postgraduates,
will be held at the University of Edinburgh from 10:30 am to 6:00pm.The
conference will not be restricted to any specific topic, but will instead
cover the whole spectrum of Classical subjects. Sessions on Ancient
History, Classical Archaeology, Greek and Latin Language and Literature,
and Ancient Philosophy are planned.

  This year we also intend to hold a poster session that will allow
postgraduates to present current research that might be too preliminary to
present in paper form. This could be particularly useful to Masters
students, but is open to all.

Thanks to the generous support of the Classical Association and the
Classical Association of Scotland, we are able to offer a number of
bursaries to help with the cost of travel, attendance, and/or
accommodation for the conference. Priority in awarding bursaries will be
given to those presenting a paper or a poster, although those who just
wish to attend are also invited to apply by submitting a letter outlining
the reasons why they wish to attend the conference. Deadline for
applications is March 21, 2006.

Registration fee will be between £15 and £20.

Anyone interested in attending or presenting should contact the conference
organiser, Andrew Rich. His email address is: [log in to unmask]

*Call for Papers and Poster
We are now accepting proposals for papers and posters for the conference.
The deadline for proposals is Tuesday 21st of March. All proposals should
be sent to [log in to unmask] .

Proposals for papers should include:  author’s name, title of the paper,
and a brief abstract (no longer than 250 words). Any postgraduate wishing
to present his or her research in poster form should submit a proposal
including name, subject of research, and a provisional title by April 10th.

Ideally we should like all submissions via email. However, if you wish to
post your proposal we shall still consider it if received by the 21st of
March. All enquiries should be addressed to:

SCPG Conference,
Classics,
David Hume Tower,
University of Edinburgh,
George Square,
Edinburgh,
EH8 9JX

Messages to the list are archived at
http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/classicists.html

Archive of list messages may be found at:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/classicsgrads
Visit the same site to change your subscription settings.
All queries regarding the list should be directed to: