DEFAULT publishing is proud to announce the launch of it's debut full length publication.
"Psalms" by Martin Burke
 the Launch will take place tomorrow(Friday the 21st) in the Vision Centre, North Main St. Cork City at 6pm. there will be a wine reception and a reading by the author.

There are Review copies available for anyone who is interested in reviewing the book.
below is some extra info about the author/book/publisher.

Martin Burke was born in Ireland but now lives in Brugge, Belgium.
He is a widely published poet and playwrite of unparallelled talent. His poetry has appeared in dozens of magazine including Shearsman(UK) Stride(UK) Electric Acorn(IRE) Verse(USA).
His Recent Publications include
The Other Life (FootHills Publishing)
The Weave That Binds Us (Inner Circle Publishing)
The Lighthouse (FootHills Publishing)
A Leaping Spark (Mayapple Press)
His plays have been published and performed not only in the U.K. And Belgium but also in the US.

"PSALMS" is a love-song, a cry of joy, a leap of the heart at the existence of beauty as it presents itself to the poet’s eye in the form of Woman, in all her general and specific aspects and in the country where he lives. Written in a lyrical free style which utilises the natural rhythms of speech and an almost liturgical (in its original sense) repetition of certain words and lines, the poem calls out the beauty that is seen and confronted everywhere. This then is a song of affirmation which does not ignore the coldness and brutality of the world in which beauty manifests itself.
Part one addresses itself directly to the woman,
part two addresses itself to the land,
part three is a coda/summing up of all that has gone before.

DEFAULT publishing is a new organisation dedicated to promoting contemporary poetry and text based works. We are interested in working with a diverse range of poets, who explore different styles and are at different points in their careers. In addition to publishing we also organise poetry readings to bring the work off the page and give it a wider audience. we also publish a small poetry magazine of the same name.

www.defaultpublishing.com
"DE-FAULT, the two best words in the English language"