I don't understand why there is such anger about announcements. They don't
exclude any other discussion. If one claims to be interested in poetry, why
get annoyed if someone tells you about a publication?

As for the idea of poetry and commerce!! Does anyone seriously think
publishers of poetry make a profit? Get real. As it happens there is a long
tradition of barter or simply giving books away in small publishing.

How snarling at someone who has shown so much energy, flair, commitment and
love for poetry as Chris and Jen at Salt is supposed to help things is
beyond me. Get off your high horse before you get a nose bleed. If anyone
wants to talk poetry, fire away. Taking pot shots at publishers is no
substitute.

best

Randolph