absolutely right geraldine. thank you for articlulating that. the Emmett
Wiiliams edited 'An Anthology of Concrete Poetry' from the late 60s refers
to the way 'the confused gepgraphy of its beginnings reflects the
universality of its roots'. And that it (concrete poetry) is 'blessed with a
disunity'.

many of the earlier practitioners were also ethically and politically
committed to internationalism (which is quite different from globalisation),
so it wasn't simply a by-product or by chance.

The magazine Skald, which i co-edit with Zoe Skoulding, has just published a
'visual' issue. I'll go through the archives for the original notice sent
out a month or two back and re-post.

best Ian