-----Original Message-----
From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Arthur
Loughran
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 2:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Library Content - e-Reserves

Malcolm,
Is there any problems with orphan e-Reserves when a module is deleted,
eg at rollover?
thanks,
Arthur

Dr. Arthur J. Loughran
Senior Lecturer
Centre for Learning and Teaching
University of Paisley
Paisley PA1 2BE
tele:     +44-(0)141-848-3558
fax:      +44-(0)141-848-3822
email:   [log in to unmask]

>>> Andy Turner <[log in to unmask]> 05/12/2006 12:35:58 pm >>>
hello

We are just about to launch a system for staff to request scans under
the new CLA licence. The Blackboard Content System is clearly ideal for
managing the availability of scans, and e-reserves seems like the
obvious place. But isn't there an issue where the course has to be
available before a corresponding folder appears in the e-reserves
content area? If staff are planning ahead it's quite possible that the
scans would be ready to go into e-reserves before the course is
available to students. I believe that at UWE the library staff (whose
brains we have picked fairly comprehensively - many thanks) ask the
Blackboard  administrator to temporarily make courses available so that
the relevant e-reserves folder can be populated. But this  seemed to us
more hassle than just manually creating a folder in Library Content.

Informed advice on this very gratefully received

Andy Turner
Online Systems Manager
Thames Valley University

Tel. 0118 967 5521