Hi all,

A question on behalf of a colleague (also posted to [log in to unmask]).

Our university is considering an implementation Blackboard (with SQL Server as it’s back end) as a replacement for its existing VLE

Blackboard are reluctant to support an installation into a virtualised environment (i.e. running on a VMWare host), of more concern is the fact that they are not too enthusiastic about attaching to a SAN (kind of scuppers our aspirations for a clustered back end).  I would be very grateful to hear of any experiences you may have had with respect to either of these issues.

I would be especially interested to hear from you if you have decided against Blackboard's recommendations and used either of these technologies.

Thanks in advance

--
Leigh Haynes, Senior Computing Officer  -
mailto:[log in to unmask]