Hi all,

We are part of a consortium that shares the same Blackboard
software/licence, and we split it into areas based on Institution role.
Guest access has always been a problem, as we have the conflicting need
to open courses to students by institution without letting users from
the other institutions have access.

We are in the middle of testing version 7.1.324.28 and were led to
believe that in this version domains would enable us to open courses to
guest access for users assigned to that domain only (once they were
associated with a domain) - that this would effectively remove our
previous guest access problem. In our testing however, we have found
this is not the case. A course opened for guest access and assigned to a
domain can still be accessed by a user from another institution (with no
sys admin privileges).  Does anyone have experience of successfully
setting up domains so that guest access is locked down to the users in
that domain?  The manual doesn't cover this and Behind Blackboard is
also providing little information.

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jodie Bell