I knew someone could explain it better than me:-) There just does not seem to be a way to enter html in the gui for an external link in the menu design.
Peter

________________________________

From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist on behalf of Andy Turner
Sent: Wed 28/06/2006 16:37
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: {CAUTION-fraud?} {Disarmed} Re: Moving to a new course site

Jie

That works fine if you want to create the link from an Announcement, say, but I don't think it works as an External Link.

In an announcement, you can edit the HTML and insert the target="_top" within the <a href> tag. But that same flexibility isn't available using the External Link functionality: if I provide the URL as

http://www.tvu.ac.uk <http://www.tvu.ac.uk/>  target="_top"

my browser actually translates that as http://www.tvu.ac.uk%20target=%22_top%22/
which of course cannot be found.

Has anyone found a way round this?