-----Original Message-----
From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jim Boone
Sent: 26 May 2006 09:51
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Batch creating users and passwords

Shen, Dr J. wrote:

>In the batch file, I have set random password for each user account.
>This is redundant now because we are using LDAP for authentication.
>
>Jie

It depends, by default the authentication fails over to internal DB in
the case that LDAP fails, which means if you set a blank, or blanket
field entry, you could compromise your security....

--
Jim Boone
Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College R&D Manager - Information