Hi Mark,

Matt Elton posted the following useful summary of some login causes last
year:
>>1. The students may have bookmarked the login page and not the Bb home
page. Blackboard creates a session when the client >>visits the home page
and stores a check value in the database, if the session hasn't been created
before the client
>>attempts to login they will see an error.
>>2. The student has disabled cookies for the Bb site or all sites.
>>Matt

Another common login gotcha is caused by copying or typing spaces at the end
of usernames.
For example if I put colless56<space character> in the username field
instead of colless56<end of line> the login will be unsuccessful.

Hope this is helpful.

Cathy Colless
VLE Application Manager
e-Learning Development Team