>From: "Daniel Wolpert" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>,
>         "'Daniel Wolpert'" <[log in to unmask]>,
>Subject: FW: New posts in Engineering for the Life Sciences
>Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 13:19:40 -0000
>
>Dear Colleagues
>
>Attached are the advertisement and further particulars for two new
>lectureships in the Engineering Department. The areas are
>
>1) Computational Engineering for the Life Sciences
>Research activity could include quantitative modelling approaches in
>engineering applied to biological systems or intervention techniques.
>Applications range from, but are not limited to, molecular motors, the
>folding of proteins, the mechanics of the cell, soft and hard tissue and
>physiology
>
>2) Mechanics of Biological Materials
>Research activity should include experimental approaches to an understanding
>of biological materials and/or the development of artificial materials with
>biological function.  Applications range from, but are not limited to, the
>mechanics of hard and soft tissue from sub-cellular to tissue level, and the
>development of new materials with application to tissue and prosthetics.
>
>I would be grateful if you would pass these on to anyone you think might be
>interested and to any appropriate email lists or notice boards. The text of
>the advert is also pasted below.
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Daniel Wolpert
>
>Professor of Engineering
>Department of Engineering,
>University of Cambridge,
>Trumpington Street,
>Cambridge CB2 1PZ, UK
>
>Direct/Fax: +44 (1223) 332 676
>Email [log in to unmask]
>Home-page: http://www.wolpertlab.com

>University of Cambridge Department of Engineering
>
>University Lectureships in Engineering for the Life Sciences
>
>Applications are invited for 2 University Lectureships within the Department
>of Engineering.
>
>Computational Engineering for the Life Sciences
>Research activity could include quantitative modelling approaches in
>engineering applied to biological systems or intervention techniques.
>Applications range from, but are not limited to, molecular motors, the
>folding of proteins, the mechanics of the cell, soft and hard tissue and
>physiology.  It is hoped the successful candidate will take up post no later
>than 1 September 2006 or as soon as possible thereafter.
>
>Mechanics of Biological Materials
>Research activity should include experimental approaches to an understanding
>of biological materials and/or the development of artificial materials with
>biological function.  Applications range from, but are not limited to, the
>mechanics of hard and soft tissue from sub-cellular to tissue level, and the
>development of new materials with application to tissue and prosthetics.  It
>is hoped the successful candidate will take up post no later than 1 January
> [...]

Julian FV Vincent				tel 01225 386596
Professor of Biomimetics			fax 01225 386928
Centre for Biomimetic and Natural Technologies	mob 07941 933901
Department of Mechanical Engineering		home 01225 835076
The University
BATH  BA2  7AY   UK

http://www.bath.ac.uk/mech-eng/biomimetics

If it works, it must be out of date --- Stafford Beer