Dear All,

I‘ve had a query from an OT in Surrey, could someone could advise?

One of my clients is a 4 year old boy with autism.  He has no sense of danger and needs to be protected from hurting himself and others.  The family home has several locks on doors, cupboards and drawers, but the child is able to break the locks and has done several times.

I wondered whether in this situation Assistive Technology might be an option.

Do you know of anything on the market that may consist of a system of electronically controlled locks which could be managed by the child's parents?

Cheers,

Aidan.

Aidan Parr
Researcher
FAST - Foundation for Assistive Technology
12 City Forum
250 City Road
London EC1V 8AF

Tel:   +44 (0) 20 7253 3303
Fax:  +44 (0) 20 7253 5990

Reg. Charity Number: 1061636

Why not go to the FAST website at http://www.fastuk.org to find out more about FAST and how you can be involved.

To stay up to date with the latest news on assistive technology why not subscribe to the AT Forum's monthly email bulletin by sending an email to: [log in to unmask].  Check out previous bulletins at http://www.fastuk.org/atforum.php.