Sort of Commercial interest

For your information the following is a list of the training days being
given at the ACE Centre this year.

Appologoes for any cross-posting

David

Training Day Courses in 2006
at the Oxford ACE Centre
The ACE Centre offers training to teachers, therapists, parents and
enablers to ensure that technology
is used appropriately with the people they support. All of our Day Courses
are held at the ACE Centre.
Those listed below run from 10.00am to 3.30pm and a light buffet lunch is
provided. Day courses
cost £150 per participant unless stated otherwise. To discuss all your
training needs contact
Ann Gresswell on 01865 759805 or email her at [log in to unmask]
ACE Centre Advisory Trust
92 Windmill Road
Headington
Oxford OX3 7DR
www.ace-centre.org.uk
Charity No 1040868
Thurs 11 May AccessMaths: How to develop the use of
AccessMaths within the Shape, Space and Measures strand of the
maths curriculum through to GCSE level (includes a single user
licence copy or reimbursement where appropriate).

Thurs 8 June Special Access to Windows (SAWLite) - a user's
perspective: A free half day session on how to set up and use the
latest version of our free access utility for Windows.

Wed 21 June Dynamic display and PC-based voice output
communication aids: What's available? How do they differ?

Thurs 29 June Hotspots: How Hotspots can be used to give
access to the web and other 'point and click' applications (includes a
single user licence copy or reimbursement).

Wed 5 July Assessing for switch access and developing
switching skills

Wed 12 July Special Access to Windows (SAW5) - a
designers perspective: How to harness the full power of our free
new Open Source version of SAW (50% reduction for delegates
who have signed up for the SAW Support Package).

Thurs 14 Sept Making software inclusive and digital
publications accessible: Price to be confirmed. This course will be
repeated on 22 March 2007.

Thurs 21 Sept Vocabulary selection and implementation:
sharing strategies and resources in vocabulary selection and use.
Wed 4 Oct Special Access to Windows (SAW5) - a designers
perspective: How to harness the full power of our free new Open
Source version of SAW (50% reduction for delegates who have signed
up for the SAW Support Package).

Wed 11 Oct Moving on from PECS: Looking at ways of
supporting youngsters who have been using PECS, to move forward
with their communication using a variety of forms of Augmentative
and Alternative Communication.

Thurs 9 Nov Alternative pointer control and keyboard access

Thurs 30 Nov Assessment for communication and learning:
Looking at assessment of youngsters for control of technology
(computers, simple environmental control and speech output devices)
to enable communication and learning.

David Colven, Technical Advisor

The ACE Centre Advisory Trust
92 Windmill Road