From: A discussion list for Assistive Technology professionals. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Chris Gibbs
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 3:52 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Faint Speech Amplifer for use in vehicle

Have you thought of using something like a 'Spy Ear' (try Froogling it to find who has one in stock). The person in the front can wear the earpiece and the person in the back speaks into the mic. Very cheap, and I've used one for a client in a wheelchair who had trouble hearing their partner who was propelling them. They look a bit toy-like, but if you can get over that, they're fine. I have seen more adult looking versions (try Froogling personal hearing amplifier), which do fundamentally the same thing, but cost many times more.