Hi,

I wonder if anyone has any experience of this and can suggest an alternative.

As recommended by a DSA assessor we’ve supplied a copy of Dragon Naturally Speaking voice dictation software and a Plantronics USB headset to a student who is an electric wheelchair user.  She is having great difficulty in training Dragon to recognise her voice as there is a lot of interference, presumably from the wheelchair’s motors, being picked up by the microphone.  We’ve checked the microphone in a room away from the wheelchair and there is no interference there.

I guess we need to go for a different headset, but has anyone any experience or knowledge of what type of microphone might work without being susceptible to the interference?

Thanks in anticipation.

Ron Milner

MKC Computers Ltd

_____________ NOD32 EMON 1877 (20061122) information _____________