Dear all

I have an issue with telephones which only ring once.  However if the phone is answered within the next minute (say) the caller is still on the line hearing a ringing tone & is immediately connected.  Trouble is that the person receiving the call often decides not to answer, thinking that the caller has put the phone down.  The problem is more confusing when using ECS.

Have other people come across this?

At first we suspected a problem with a particular phone/intercom, but then we started to suspect the 1571 phone message service in Hull - Hull has a monopoly of phone services provision by Kingston Communications PLC.  Recently I've discovered this might happen with the BT 1571 service, but the numbers of complaints are small & it is a sporadic effect.

Any clues gratefully received.

Barry

Barry Taylor, Clinical Scientist
Medical Physics Department
Tulley Medical Physics Building, Hull Royal Infirmary
Anlaby Road, Hull HU3 2JZ
Tel 01482 675928, fax 01482 675750