Dear all.

We have a client with a significant level of physical disability, who has a
broadly intact intellect or so we believe.

We have to date provided a Fujitsu "Stylistic 3400" tablet PC with a head
mouse and single switch access to WIVIK and WINDBAG, all of which mounts on
his powered chair and on an over bed mount. The Fujitsu however is nearing
the end of its useful life and runs on WINDOWS 95.

Our client also has a tendency to play, and on far too many occasions we
have had to try and retrieve system files from unusual places, or restore
the whole system.

We are looking for a modern, lightweight, robust, tablet computer providing
remote access to a printer etc. and maybe internet connectivity, running XP.

We also need to be able to lock our client out of the operating system so
that important configuration settings are not corrupted necessitating yet
another callout to the client.

Does anyone have any experience of useful kit, and/or ways of keeping the
operating system secure?

With all best regards,

          Geoff

G.J.Harbach   I.Eng  MIED  IIPEM
Clinical Technologist
"Access to Communication & Technology"
West Midlands Rehabilitation Centre
91 Oak Tree Lane, Selly Oak
Birmingham, B29 6JA
Tel 0121  627 1627  Ext 53268

This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be
legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing
or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author
by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must
not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.