I have had an enquiry about the use of a standard CD player for cause and
effect training.  The enquirer wants an inexpensive way of having a switch
to start a CD playing and then after a set time have it stop playing
(pause).  The user would then have to press the switch again to un-pause
the music.

I have talked about environmental control or IR control systems and use of
computers as players to do this but the enquirer wants a stand-alone device
to go home with the user.

I thought that a QED toy controller or similar wired into the pause button
or the remote controller, but that would not work because this would hold
the pause button down after a switch press,  so the control would be in
effect a latching switch and no advance on wiring the switch in directly.

Any Ideas?

David