From: A discussion list for Assistive Technology professionals. [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Friday Marcus (RFF) Medical Physics
Sent: 07 July 2006 14:42
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Accessible Lamp

I'm looking for an inexpensive way of making a lamp easier to control than that offered by the usual kind of switch. The person I'm working with may need control of up to seven lamps spread across three rooms, so something like the Ablenet Powerlink with a switch connected would become expensive. An environmental control with IR or radio sockets would be unnecessarily expensive also.

What I'm thinking of is a lead sitting between the mains socket and lamp with something as simple as a large and easily accessible on/off switch. Is there a company providing such a thing? I'd prefer something along these lines so that the existing lamps can be used rather than suggesting the purchase of those touch control lamps.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Marcus.

Marcus Friday, Clinical Scientist
Medical Physics and Clinical Engineering Department
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Gawber Road
Barnsley
S75 2EP