There may be a difference between English and Scottish contracts but in
scotland there isn't much difference in cost between some entry level epioc
chairs, the mirage for instance and the Apollo. So why use an outdated chair
when better chairs are available for approximately the same cost.

An epioc is used indoors! so it is fit for purpose if the right chair is
selected!

We remove kerbclimbers and if necessary reprogramme chairs, however I refer
to my previous comments regarding user instruction.

Further advantages:
Reduced fleet options: i.e. one chair for both EPIC and EPIOC use this has
cost reducing measures
Better chairs require less repairs.

Cost is not always about one-off purchase cost!

Gareth Adkins
Clinical Scientist
Westmarc
Southern General Hospital