This email is to announce the launch of the Assistech Wiki. You might have
seen the poster about it at RAATE.

Basically a WIKI is a place you can go and share your amazing knowledge. You
might have heard of 'WIKIPEDIA' - well the Assistech site is a like this but
dedicated to Assistive Technology. Essentially we hope the site will turn
into THE Evidence Base for assistive technology.

Anyone (who is registered) can edit a page on a wiki - thus information can
be 'refractored' - slowly improved and added to. This a pretty wild concept
to get the hang of to start with, but stick with it - it is very powerful.

The WIKI should complement the Assistech mailing list - for example, if you
have recently found something out, you could make a page on the Wiki about
it and then send an email on Assistech to draw people's attention to it.

The advantage is that really useful information is not lost in the mists of
the mailing list archive - instead it is stored and can be updated on the
WIKI.

Check it out:  <http://wwww.assistech.org.uk/> http://wwww.assistech.org.uk/

It is split into different areas (called NameSpaces in wikiland):

- Evidence Base -
<http://assistech.org.uk/doku.php?id=evidencebase:evidence_base>
http://assistech.org.uk/doku.php?id=evidencebase:evidence_base

- Experience Base -
<http://assistech.org.uk/doku.php?id=experiencebase:experience_base>
http://assistech.org.uk/doku.php?id=experiencebase:experience_base

- Research -  <http://assistech.org.uk/doku.php?id=research:research>
http://assistech.org.uk/doku.php?id=research:research

- Announcements -
<http://assistech.org.uk/doku.php?id=announcements:announcements>
http://assistech.org.uk/doku.php?id=announcements:announcements

To add a page just register/log in and click edit.

We'll send out some more information over the next few weeks, but check it
out and give us some feedback (on or off list).

Cheers

Simon & Aejaz