[with apologies for cross-posting]

** Collections of the Month: My Funny Valentine **

This month we mark Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans History Month with a look at some of the Hub collections which shed light on the history of lesbian and gay communities in the UK. <http://www.archiveshub.ac.uk/feb06.shtml>

** Latest additions **

Additional descriptions from University of Sussex, Middlesex University, Glasgow University Archive Services, University of Stirling, Paisley University, and the University of Salford.

These include papers of biologist and zoologist Edward Hindle (1886-1973); a collection of letters to Mary Blaikie (fl 1904), governess to John (1897-1915) and Elsie Kipling (1896-1976), son and daughter of author Rudyard Kipling (1865-1936); and papers of television writer and playwright Arthur Hopcraft (1932-2004). <http://www.archiveshub.ac.uk/news/>

** Free training for users **

The 'Introduction to MIMAS Bibliographic Services' course includes an introduction to the Archives Hub. The course will be held at The University of Manchester on March 22nd, 2006, and at UCL, London on March 29th, 2006. <http://www.mimas.ac.uk/courses/content.html#biblio>

Paddy Collis
Archives Hub Data Editor