Hi

Many thanks to all the respondents for my request concerning photocopying

charges. I would especially like to thank Ann McVeigh of PRONI for sharin
g a previous survey.

Apoogies for taking so long to post the results back to the list. I have

been involved in a major collections move.

As this is not confidential information I am sure all organisations are

happy for me to share the results.

It was a useful exercise. As the Museum of English Rural Life (MERL)
archives and library and Reading University Library (RUL) archive and
Special Collections are going to be working together in the same Reading

Room from October we are reviewing our charges for archive photocopying.

MERL currently charges 40p A4 and RUL 10p. The information below will hel
p us make this decision. Therefore, thank you. I appreciate all your
assistance.

Price Comparison for Photocopying Archive Material

ARCHIVE	                         A4	A3

Argyll and Bute Council 	£0.24
Bath Record Office	        £0.10	£0.20
Bedfordshire & Luton ARS	£0.50	£0.50
Archives of the British Psychoanalytical Society
                                £0.25 (£0.35*)	£0.40 (£0.50*)
Canterbury Cathedral Archives	£0.50	£0.50
Cheshire County Council	£0.50	£0.50
Dorset History Centre	£0.50	£0.70
Durham County Record Office	£0.50
Essex Record Office	£0.40	£0.60
Flintshire Record Office 	£0.20	£0.25
Joint Archive Service (CoL)	£0.35	£0.70
Kings College London    	£0.30
Lincolnshire Archives	        £0.60	£0.90
Library Royal Botanic Garden
Edinburgh	                £0.10	£0.15
London School of Economics	£0.25+VAT
London Borough of Sutton	£0.25	£0.75
Middle East Archive Centre	£0.15	£0.20
Museum of English Rural Life	£.0.40	£0.60
National Library of Wales	£0.15	£0.20
National Motor Museum Trust
Beaulieu	                £0.15	£0.15
North East Lincolnshire
Archives	                £0.30	£0.30
PRONI 	                        £0.30	£0.40
Royal Holloway College Archives	£0.30
Staffordshire & S/T Archive	£0.45	£0.45
Surrey History Service	        £0.40	£0.50
Tameside LSAC	                £0.10	£0.20
Tower Hamlets Library&Archives	£0.30	£0.40
The National Archives   	£0.40	£0.45
Tyne & Wear Archives	        £0.50	£0.50
York City Archives	        £0.12	£0.20
Wrexham County Borough Council	£0.10	£0.15

Caroline Gould
MERL Archivist

Museum of English Rural Life
The University of Reading
Redlands Road
Reading
RG1 5EX
Tel 0118 378 8664
www.merl.org.uk

Hi

We are in the process of reviewing our photocopying charges.

We currently charge
40p A4 and 60p A3 (archive photocopying undertaken by staff) 20p A4 and

30p A3 (library material self service) 6p A4 and 12p A3 (library material

self service registered students)

I would be grateful to hear from other colleagues and I am happy to post

the findings to the list.

Thank you in advance

Caroline Gould
MERL Archivist