Colleagues

I am somewhat struck by points made in recent emails to the list.

Robert wrote:

“With the encouragement of the CBI, I am preparing a very simple leaflet intended for senior business people and 'captains of industry'.  It will put the case for investment in archives and historical records in terms of the benefits they bring to businesses and the lustre they can add to corporate image.”

However Nigel, employed by a business, wrote:

As some one who has to pay for all their own training and take holiday to attend courses.”

Jane wrote:

“Still, that's a rather difficult issue for us to address - it seems to me that its a case of employers not valuing their staff enough to provide funds for training and career development :0(“

I do hope that a simple leaflet will be enough to convince ‘captains of industry’ of the need to invest in and value their archives staff.

Best wishes

Richard

Richard Taylor BA MArAd
Collections Access Manager