Apologies for cross posting.

I have been asked to let you know about his workshop.

RIN Workshop on RIN/DTI/RCUK Evidence-based Analysis of Data on Scholarly Journal Publishing
Tuesday 14th November, 2006, 13.00 - 16.00, at the Royal Institute of Public Health, 28 Portland Place, London, W1

The purpose of this workshop is to present and explain the conclusions of the recently published 'Scholarly Journals Baseline Report 2006,' to consider the key lessons to be drawn from it, particularly in relation to the development of UK public policy; and to lay the basis for a plan of action about how such issues might be addressed in practice.

I have attached the event programme. For more information - including details of how to register yourself for the event - please visit http://www.rin.ac.uk/scholarly-journal-workshop.

If at all possible, we would be enormously grateful if you could circulate details of the event throughout your own groups and contacts. We are welcoming attendees from all backgrounds. Don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any queries.

Thanks and best wishes,
James

James Brown
       Communications Officer
       Research Information Network

   www.rin.ac.uk

        t: 020 7412 7759
        f:  020 7412 7339

Dr Elizabeth Shepherd PhD, MA, BA, DMS, DAS, Registered Practitioner of the Higher Education Academy (ILTM), RMSA
senior lecturer in archives and records management
School of Library, Archive and Information Studies
University College London
Gower Street
London WC1E 6BT

tel: +020 7679 2945
fax: +020 7383 0557

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/SLAIS/elizabeth-shepherd/

Please note that Elizabeth works part-time. Her usual work days are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.