> Hi all,
>
> does anyone know about a work concentrating on the methodological problem
> of correlating 14C-data with varve dating in a pollen profile?
> So far I could only find reports describing the problem either as being
> apparent from correlating different profiles dated with different methods
> (and thus not having tested both dating methods on the same object), or as
> unsolvable because of too low organic content in the varvae to be
> radiocarbon dated. What about AMS-dating of pollen?
> I would be thankful for any reference.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Simone
>

> Simone Riehl (Dr. rer. nat., M.A., Archaeobotanist)
> Institute for Prehistory and Quaternary Ecology
>
> Burgsteige 11
> D-72070 Tuebingen
> Germany
>
> Tel. / Fax +49 (0)7071 2978915 / 296457
> http://www.urgeschichte.uni-tuebingen.de/index.php?id=132
> http://www.cuminum.de/archaeobotany/

Dear Simone,

there are several papers of the (former) group of Negendank from Potsdam
working on the Maar lakes from the Eifel (Meerfelder Maar, Holzmaar):
Bernd Zolitschka, Achim Brauer, together with the group of Thomss Litt
(Martina Stebich, Beate Kubitz), where Radiocarbon dates and varves were
used to built up an age-depth model.
Concerning AMS dating of pollen see S. Jahns in Veget. Hist. Archaeobot.
14:55-66, there the method after Brown 1994 and Regnéll and Everitt is
described and used.

best wishes,
Felix

Dr. Felix Bittmann
Niedersächsisches Institut für historische Küstenforschung
Viktoriastr. 26/28
26382 Wilhelmshaven
Tel. 04421 / 915 146
Fax. 04421 / 915 110