From: "Jan Hearthstone" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 9:36 PM
Subject: Pollarding and Coppicing.

Dear people,
I would like to find out if  pollarding and coppicing (a very
pertinent topic today in prevention of deforestation) were practiced
in prehistory--are there any papers, or what-not, available on the
Internet?
Were pollarding and coppicing practiced in prehistory of what today is
the American SW region?
Thank you, Hearthstone.

--
If we,the people, were sincere about wanting Peace, then we would
spend more on active creation of Peace than what we spend on the

Mahayana and Sustainability:
http://www.modelearth.org/mahaecosoc.html

"Legalize" the Natural Right to Sleep!
http://www.modelearth.org/sleepright.html

Please contact your representative and demand that the natural right
to sleep be recognized and fully honored!