Please reply to Gareth Evans, details below, not me. Thanks.

ROYAL FREE AND UNIVERSITY COLLEGE MEDICAL SCHOOL

Department of Mental Health Sciences (Hampstead Campus)

A Full or Part-time Research Statistician is required (Grade 1A up to £27,193 plus £2400 London Allowance per annum, depending on qualifications and previous experience).

The post is for 6 months full time, or longer if part-time, and may suit candidates currently studying for or writing up a PhD.

Location: Department of Mental Health Sciences of the Royal Free and University College Medical School (Hampstead Campus)

Project details: We are seeking a research statistician to work on our study: Continuity of care in cancer: the role of primary care, which is a joint project run by UCL and the Marie Curie Palliative Care Research Unit.  The funding for this post is part of a grant enhancement programme from the North Central London Research Consortium to facilitate maximum analysis of data arising from a three year programme of previously completed research funded by NHS Service Delivery and Organisation.

Principal duties: We require detailed analysis of a large dataset which will allow us to explore key questions about the role of primary care in continuity of cancer care

Person specification: The post-holder should have a higher degree in statistics or medical statistics, be able to assist members of the Department to evaluate continuity in cancer care and show initiative in developing new approaches to statistical problems in this area.  Previous research experience in a relevant field is essential.  The post-holder must have knowledge of the principles of clinical evaluation and trial design, and have an excellent knowledge of statistical packages and IT technology skills. Up to date knowledge of statistical methods used to analyse prospective data and management of missing outcome data is essential.  Knowledge of such techniques as multi-level modelling, path analysis and structured equation modelling is preferred.

To apply and for further information and job description: Please email Gareth Evans, Research Administrator on [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>  or phone 0207 472 6422, quoting reference RES-STAT.

Closing date for applications is 15 February 2006.